Thursday, August 19, 2010

Characters

It has been many moons since a real post--for this I apologize. Our family has been very busy fighting a life or death battle (more on this later).
In big news, we've made a major life change, moving from our home in Utah to California. I get to draw cartoons all day at work and we're a heck of a lot closer to the beach, so it's basically a win-win.
Below are some characters from recent sketch adventures. It's always fun to go to new places and see new faces. Hopefully we'll finish moving in soon, so I can get back to a regular posting schedule.


Dudes from church. Yes, that guy's name is seriously Ziff.
To me, nothing says "super powers" more than an onomatopoetic name.


My pal and coworker, one Matthew Braly.


Other partners in crime: John Sanford (our fearless leader)
and Javier Recio Gracia

A dude I spied at a recent Ray Harryhausen exhibit.
Just the sort of guy you might expect to find frequenting a
Ray Harryhausen exhibit.


Some dudette I saw cruising the hallways at work;
her origin remains largely a mystery.

10 comments:

Aaron Ludwig said...

You're alive! Wonderful sketches. Thanks for sharing Ziff.

DAVID WILSON said...

Congrats man! Glad to see there's a light in your families life while the other stuff is going on. I hope all keeps getting better and better.

Morgan Rhys Gibbons said...

Looking beautiful as always, Anthony. and your drawings aren't too shabby either!
But what's this your friend says about you not being good at Street Fighter? For shame...

Scott C. Gwynn said...

Good to hear from you again. Hope your family is do better. Fun sketches man.

Simini said...

So awesome. Makes me want to go get my sketchbook.

Jeff Call said...

These are some inspiring sketches. It's good to see new stuff from you.

Jeremy Thompson said...

I like the dude at the exhibit. So fantastic. You're fantastic. I'm fantastic. But more than anything, these drawings are fantastic.

Madeline K. Rupard said...

Yo. I'm glad to see a post after all these years! I hope California is wonderful. These are quite nice.

JAKE WYATT said...

I love I love I LOVE your drawing of Mr. Braly. So. Much.

M.R. Weaver said...

Anfrony~!
So glad to hear from you!
Keep it real dude, and hang in there! We're all rooting for you!

The Illustrious and Illustrative Sketch Adventure Lifestyle of Anthony Holden. Cartoons, Sketches, Character Designs, Storyboards, Comics, Illustration, Animation, Silly thoughts, Intermittent Posting, and Arbitrary Capitalization by American animation artist, Anthony Holden. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
All content on this page copyright 2007-2011 Anthony L. Holden. Do not use without permission, except for purposes of review.