Saturday, March 7, 2009

Props, Y'all



As you may or may not have heard by this point, my classmates are heading up an animated short project at BYU--and they've graciously allowed me to participate in the making of the film. I've been hashing out character stuff mostly, but here's a crack at some prop design (or environment design, depending on your preference). The story takes place at a zoo, and as you can see here, there is a tremendous birdcage. Who wouldn't want to visit such a place?
Sorry all my posts have been film-related stuff lately. I'll try and get more sketches up (after all, I have been having many adventures).
Meanwhile, chew on this, and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Aaron Ludwig said...

That truly is a tremendous birdcage. That's a fun sign, too (sure to direct any zoo-goer, no matter what language they speak!).

Will Strong said...

Nice birdcage. Very Seussical but yet, also Holdenical (or something.)

Jim's doodles said...

it's pretty cool seeing you work in digital.

Ezra Lau said...

I think I will chew on this. I also think that chewing is an integral step in the process of digestion, and in your case with these images, they are absolutely bursting with flavor!

Tyson "RittZ" Hesse said...

Nice designs, very whimsical. Asymmetry is fun.

Maybe a little more value range in some of the shadows might make these pop a little more though?

The Illustrious and Illustrative Sketch Adventure Lifestyle of Anthony Holden. Cartoons, Sketches, Character Designs, Storyboards, Comics, Illustration, Animation, Silly thoughts, Intermittent Posting, and Arbitrary Capitalization by American animation artist, Anthony Holden. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
All content on this page copyright 2007-2011 Anthony L. Holden. Do not use without permission, except for purposes of review.