Tuesday, January 19, 2010

There was supposed to be some kind of rest period...

Hooray.


So, the big news is: I finished making a cartoon movie (sketch above, totally unrelated). I actually finished it a little while ago, but have been pretty busy submitting it to a number of festivals so I haven't had so much time to blog about it.
Customarily, here is where you might see me post a link to the short, but apparently lots of festivals don't like it when you make your cartoon a free online viewing experience for mass audiences. So I won't actually be able to post it until after it makes its run through the festivals.
However, I'll try to post about when and where it will be playing in case anyone is feeling adventurous and wants to see it on the big screen. For people living in Utah, if you're free this weekend, Mashed (that's the title) will be playing in the LDS Film Festival in Orem, UT on Saturday the 23rd, in a line up of other shorts starting at 5:00 pm. Ticketing info HERE.

Also, as this is my last semester of school, I'm currently putting a portfolio together. What I thought was going to be a pretty relaxed semester is turning out to be down right crazy. Rest period = officially over. Apparently you're supposed to get a job when you're done with school.
Anyway, here are some recent doodles from my sketchbook. Sorry I haven't posted in so long--I'll try and be better about that. (Below: crazy Santa, also unrelated to my cartoon movie.)


(The sad part about this is that it's not even a late sketch from Christmastime--I drew this last week in class--call it a nervous tick...I draw Santas...kind of incessantly. Some people can't quit smoking; I can't quit drawing the jolly Brother Kringle.)

7 comments:

Aaron Ludwig said...

Yay for finished movie! Can't wait to see it (won't be able to make it Saturday though... sorry!).

Ty Carter said...

Sweet, I can't wait to see it Anthony! I've heard its fantastic, great Santa

davehowell said...

Can't wait to see it. It was great to see all of ya'll over christmas. Cheers

Unknown said...

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Which event is it on that ticketing board? I can't find Mashed or an event called shorts, or short films.

JAKE WYATT said...

What's in that mug? 'Cause Santa looks extra jolly. And loll-eyed.

Jed said...

左のエルフは子豚みたい。 ハ!

M.R. Weaver said...

I loved the film Anthony!
It made me laugh. A lot. :>
So when can I buy a copy from you? I know you'll be taking it around to different festivals etc, but I can wait.

God job! Keep up the good work!
Ganbare!

The Illustrious and Illustrative Sketch Adventure Lifestyle of Anthony Holden. Cartoons, Sketches, Character Designs, Storyboards, Comics, Illustration, Animation, Silly thoughts, Intermittent Posting, and Arbitrary Capitalization by American animation artist, Anthony Holden. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
All content on this page copyright 2007-2011 Anthony L. Holden. Do not use without permission, except for purposes of review.