Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just Like a Car, You're Pleasing to Behold

I'll call you Jaguar if I may be so bold...

You may remember I've got a soft spot for vintage cars. But kind of in the same way that Marc Bolan does. As it turns out, as much as the flamboyant front man of T Rex loved to sing about and collect cars, he apparently never learned to drive--and as much as I like to draw old cars, I actually know next to nothing about them other than what they look like on the outside.


At any rate, right down the block from us is a little shop called Ace and Jerry's Auto Glass where there are really cool cars parked out front, pretty frequently. This one happens to be for sale, if anyone's interested in a Buick Roadmaster of undetermined year (which is to say I don't know--I'm sure the seller would have a better idea). With any luck, people will keep parking their cool-looking cars out front, giving me something to draw when I go on walks to the market to pick up cough drops and such.

Also, incidentally...

8 comments:

JAKE WYATT said...

These ARE pleasing to behold.

Tyson Murphy said...

i want one. to drive.

Anthony Holden said...

Addendum: it's a 1954-ish model, and the seller is asking for 15 K.
Also, I found a pair of concrete boots and a tommy gun with half a clip in the trunk for no extra charge.

Jon Davis said...

Lovely characterful drawings.
And great line work.
Did you use a running out felt tipped pen?

Michael Mercer said...

Hey there anthony! I'm not in Provo anymore! I moved back home to Georgia. I'm a carpenter by day and I draw the rest of the time that I can. I think I will be tackling a graphic novel with my brother but we'll see.

Joe Cressssss said...

I wish I had your talent. Your are like a demi-god

Unknown said...

Beautiful drawings!

Joel Deehr said...

Dude! Congrats on the internship/surely-future-job. You are amazing bro!!!!!

The Illustrious and Illustrative Sketch Adventure Lifestyle of Anthony Holden. Cartoons, Sketches, Character Designs, Storyboards, Comics, Illustration, Animation, Silly thoughts, Intermittent Posting, and Arbitrary Capitalization by American animation artist, Anthony Holden. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
All content on this page copyright 2007-2011 Anthony L. Holden. Do not use without permission, except for purposes of review.